CURRENT CV AS AS OF February 2018
3830 Limoges Lane
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
Tel 561-776-7243 Mobile 561-685-7820
1995: Certificate of Professional Management Development, Harvard Business School, Boston, MA.
1982-1985: J.D. Rutgers Law School, Newark, NJ. Cum Laude; Articles Editor, Rutgers Law Review
1961-1962: Masters of Arts in Teaching, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA. Elected to Pi Lambda Theta Honorary Society
1958-1961: B.A. in Political Science, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN. Magna Cum Laude; Phi Beta Kappa
GOLF-RELATED EMPLOYMENT AND EXPERIENCE
Present: World Golf Foundation Women's Committee. Communications committee and website www.lpgawomensnetwork.com.
Present: Marketing Consultant for Womens Golf Day https://womensgolfday.com (annual event of 4-hour women's golf events rolling across the globe)
Present: Reporter for www.womensgolf.com -- See interviews with LPGA Commissioner Mike Whan and Reports from the 2015 Solheim Cup and many other articles for both "never-ever" golfers and experienced women golfers.
August 2014: Speaker: Main Stage - PGA Fashion and Demo Experience, Las Vegas -- "What's New for Women Golfers"
February 2014: Speaker: Carolinas PGA Section -- annual meeting -- "A Guide to Growing Women's Golf"
2005 to present: Primary contributor/writer for cybergolf.com/womensgolf (articles listed on website but may only be accessed by Nancy Berkley)
2008-Present: Writer/Reporter/Observer on Women's Golf on www.berkleygolfconsulting.com (also www.nancyberkley.com. Twitter @nancyberkley and @womensonlygolf and @solheimcup. Facebook: Nancy Berkley.
June 2011 – February 2013: Expert Witness for Winston & Cashatt law firm in Spokane, WA representing the Spokane Country Club defendants in a gender discrimination suit: Hieber, Skaer, Van Noy & Christensen v. Spokane Country Club, et. al. Spokane, WA.;
1998-present: President, Berkley Golf Consulting, Inc. [previously: Woman’s Only Guide, Inc. (dba Berkley Consulting), Livingston, NJ] to 1998-2008;
Author, consultant, researcher, educator and speaker addressing diverse elements within the golf industry and golfing community. Special focus on growing participation by women and junior-girl golfers and on encouraging facilities to provide women-friendly environments. Most recently an expert witness representing defendant golf club in a gender discrimination case.
Clients have included:
The Spokane Country Club -- expert witness for the Club in defending a gender discrimination suit. AND tje following clients:
- · PGA of America
- . LPGA Tour
- · World Golf Foundation
- · National Golf Foundation
- · National Golf Course Owners Association
- · Golf Range Association of America
- · Golf for Women Magazine
- · New Jersey Woman Magazine
- · The Golf Insider Travel Newsletter
- · Golfer Girl Magazine
- · Sage Communications
- · Poppy Ridge Golf Club, Livermore, CA
- · Canyon Ranch, Lenox, MA
2010 to Present: Golfwithwomen.com – “Expert” Contributor (a site developed by Arthur D. Little and significant promoter of shorter courses for women)
2010 to present: Founder and editor, Golfergirlcareers.com.
2005-2015: Founding author and contributor, Women’s Golf Section, Cybergolf.com.
2005-2014: Contributor, LadiesGolfJourney.com
2000-2003: Contributor and Consultant, Golf for Women Magazine
2006 to 2008: Initial Advisor to Publisher, Chair of Advisory Board for Golfer Girl Magazine. (print publication archived on www.golfergirlmagazine.com)
2007-2009: Contributor and Consultant, Golf for Women Magazine
2002-2009: Advisor “Golden Links Advisory Board” of Corporate Meetings & Incentives; contributor to annual Golf Event issue.
2001-2005: Contributing Editor, The Golf Insider, bi-monthly travel newsletter
- Women Welcome Here! A Guide to Growing Women’s Golf (National Golf Foundation, 2003).
- Careers in Golf: An Insider’s Guide to Careers in the Golf Industry (National Golf Foundation, 2001).
- Women’s Golf Programs that Work: Best Practices and Case Studies (National Golf Foundation, 1999).
- Timeline of the History of Women’s Golf 1552 to the Present, www.nancyberkley.com
- "Advice to Women Who Play Business Golf" www.womensgolf.com (August 2015
- "International Crown Ushers in a Brave New LPGA World," (July 2014)
- "Why Team USA Lost the Solheim Cup (July 2013)
- "Gender Discrimination in Golf - Heads Up," (June 2013)
- “LPGA Commissioner Whan Keeps His Promise,” (November 2012)
- “Records Set at U.S. Women’s Open,” (July 2011).
- “The Time is Now – The Future of Golf at Golf 20/20,” (May 2011)
- “Olympics in Rio 2016 - 'The Girl from Ipanema' ,“ (January 2011).
- “A Conversation with LPGA Commissioner Whan: The Future of the LPGA, (November 2010).
- “Winning Over the Woman Golfer,” (April 2010)
- “Attention Women Golfers Who Want to Make History,” (March 2010)
- “For Golf Facilities Wanting More Women Golfers” (June 2006).
- “Countless Ways to Grow Women’s Golf Include These Five Suggestions,” PGA Show News (January, 2005).
- “Special Report: Welcoming Women Golfers.” PGA Magazine (March 2004)(cover story).
- “Golf for Busy Women,” Golf Business Magazine (March 2003).
- “Invest 36 Hours and Play in Your Corporate Golf Outing,” Working Women Magazine (April 1999)b
- “Advice for Women Golfers (And It’s Not How to Hit the all)” Par Excellence Magazine EWGA Edition 2005 [based on last chapter of 2003 Women Welcome Here, NGF Publication)
CONFERENCES AND PRESENTATIONS
Industry-Oriented Presentations and Panels (selected):
- World Golf Foundation: Committee on Women's Golf: New Inititive composed of a leaders of major women's golf associations and writers charged with developing a sustainable "grow-the-game" for women and junior girl golfers.
- Carolinas PGA Seminar "Guide to Growing Women's Golf" -- 400 attendees (2014)
- Golf 20/20 – Strategic Golf Industry Conference : Attendee/participant at all invitation-only strategic industry conference held annually since 2000 and most recently May 2011. World Golf Village, St. Augustine, FL
- Panel Moderator: “Summary of Conference” (November 2003).
- Panel Organizer and Moderator: “Growing Women’s Golf” (November 2001).
- PGA of America -- Seminar for PGA Apprentices in PGA Professional Certification program, topic: Attracting and Retaining Women Golfers, Port St. Lucie, (November 2010)
- World Scientific Congress of Golf, Phoenix, AZ – Panel Moderator: Future of Women’s Golf (March 2008)
- PGA of America Educational Conferences, Orlando, FL, Instructor (January 2004, 2005, 2006)
- Golf Range Association of America (GRAA) – Featured Speaker at conference held in Orlando, FL (January 2005)
- Michigan Golf Course Owner’s Association of American (MGCOA)—Featured Speaker at annual conference in Troy, MI (November 2004)
- National Golf Owner’s Association of America (NGCOA) – Featured Speaker at their annual conference in Tampa, FL (January 2004)
- LPGA 50th Anniversary Celebration, World Golf Village, St. Augustine, FL (2000), moderator two featured speaker panels that included women involved in the founding, history and ongoing programs of the LPGA and LPGA Tour players.
Player-Oriented Educational Presentations (selected):
- Canyon Ranch, Lenox, MA (1998):
- “How to Play at Your Corporate Golf Outing,” (2000-2002) Sills Cummis Law Firm, Newark, NJ and Riker Danzig law firm, Morristown, NJ
- “Golf 101/Golf for Beginners”, Park Avenue Club, New York, NY (2000)
OTHER EMPLOYMENT EXPERIENCE
1996-1998: Vice President, Corporate Marketing and Business Integration, Prudential Insurance Company (now Prudential Financial), Newark, NJ.
1994-1996: Vice President, Planning, Enterprise Management, Prudential Insurance Company, Newark, NJ.
1992-1994: Assistant to the Vice Chairman, Prudential Insurance Company, Newark, NJ.
1988-1992: General Counsel, Prudential Mortgage Capital, Prudential Insurance Company, Newark, NJ.
1985-1988: Law Associate, Sullivan & Cromwell, New York, NY.
1964-67: Teacher, Columbia High School, (English and U.S. History), South Orange, NJ
1963-64: Teacher, Ford Foundation Program for Creative Students, Weeks Junior High School (English and Social Studies), Newton, MA.
1962-63: Teacher, Malden Junior High School (English and Social Studies), Malden, MA
VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES (Non-golf):
1976-1982: Founder Friends of the Livingston Symphony Orchestra, Livingston, NJ. President and Member of the Board of Directors
2010 to 2017: Volunteer: Language Arts Classroom Assistant, Duncan Middle School, Palm Beach Gardens, FL
GOLF FACILITY MANAGERIAL EXPERIENCE
Frenchman's Creek Beach and Country Club Palm Beach Gardens -- Member 2013 - Present
Member: Greens Committee
Member: Marketing Committee
Established a VolunteerMatch Program -- Donated 1000 unused clubs from members for the PGA Reach Fouondation (for Veterans and Youth)
Banyan Golf Club, West Palm Beach, FL.- Member 1996 - Present:
Member, Board of Directors (2006 to 2013)
Chair, Golf Committee 2009-2011
Co-Chair, Golf Committee 2007-2009
Member, Golf Committee 2004-2007
Member, Women’s Association 1996 to 2008, Secretary and Tournament Chairman
Member – Interclub Team (1996 –present (when available and needed)
Mountain Ridge Country Club, West Caldwell, NJ, - Member 1971 to present
Member, Board of Governors 1992-1998
Member, Golf Committee
Chair and Co-Chair, Women’s Association
Member Selection Committee for new Head Golf Professional
Member – Interclub Women’s Metropolitan Golf Team Matches (1990-2008)
1986 to Present: PGA National Golf Club, Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Charter Member (Golf and Social Sports Memberships)
Women’s Association Member (2000 to Present)
Home Owner’s Association Maintenance Committee Member (2005 to present)
QUOTED IN: (selected)
Wall Street Journal
New York Times
Palm Beach Post
New Jersey Monthly
Crittenden Golf Inc.
NGCOA Golf Business Magazine
Golf Range Association of America Magazine
PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATION MEMBERSHIP
National Golf Foundation, Jupiter, Florida
Pellucid Corporation – Golf Industry Research Organization, Buffalo Grove, IL
New York and New Jersey Bars (retired status)